WARNING: This product is for research use only, not for human or veterinary use.
MedKoo CAT#: 201880
Description: Milataxel is an orally bioavailable taxane with potential antineoplastic activity. Upon oral administration, milataxel and its major active metabolite M-10 bind to and stabilize tubulin, resulting in the inhibition of microtubule depolymerization and cell division, cell cycle arrest in the G2/M phase, and the inhibition of tumor cell proliferation. Unlike other taxane compounds, milataxel appears to be a poor substrate for the multidrug resistance (MDR) membrane-associated P-glycoprotein (P-gp) efflux pump and may be useful for treating multidrug-resistant tumors. Check for active clinical trials or closed clinical trials using this agent. (NCI Thesaurus).
MedKoo Cat#: 201880
Chemical Formula: C44H55NO16
Exact Mass: 853.35208
Molecular Weight: 853.9
Elemental Analysis: C, 61.89; H, 6.49; N, 1.64; O, 29.98
This product is not in stock, which may be available by custom synthesis.
For cost-effective reason, minimum order is 1g (price is usually high, lead time is 2~3 months, depending on the technical challenge).
Quote less than 1g will not be provided. To request quote, please email to sales @medkoo.com or click below button.
Note: Price will be listed if it is available in the future.
Synonym: MAC-321; MAC 321; MAC321; TL-139; TL-139; TL-139; Milataxel
IUPAC/Chemical Name: (2aR,4S,4aS,6R,9S,11S,12S,12bS)-12b-acetoxy-9-(((2R,3R)-3-((tert-butoxycarbonyl)amino)-3-(furan-2-yl)-2-hydroxypropanoyl)oxy)-6,11-dihydroxy-4a,8,13,13-tetramethyl-5-oxo-4-(propionyloxy)-2a,3,4,4a,5,6,9,10,11,12,12a,12b-dodecahydro-1H-7,11-methanocyclodeca[3,4]benzo[1,2-b]oxet-12-yl benzoate
InChi Key: XIVMHSNIQAICTR-DMUFGCTNSA-N
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C44H55NO16/c1-10-29(47)58-27-19-28-43(21-56-28,60-23(3)46)34-36(59-37(51)24-15-12-11-13-16-24)44(54)20-26(22(2)30(41(44,7)8)32(48)35(50)42(27,34)9)57-38(52)33(49)31(25-17-14-18-55-25)45-39(53)61-40(4,5)6/h11-18,26-28,31-34,36,48-49,54H,10,19-21H2,1-9H3,(H,45,53)/t26-,27-,28+,31-,32+,33+,34?,36-,42+,43-,44+/m0/s1
SMILES Code: O=C(O[C@@H]1C(C)=C(C2(C)C)[C@@H](O)C([C@@]([C@@H](OC(CC)=O)C3)(C)C([C@@]4(OC(C)=O)[C@]3([H])OC4)[C@H](OC(C5=CC=CC=C5)=O)[C@]2(O)C1)=O)[C@H](O)[C@@H](NC(OC(C)(C)C)=O)C6=CC=CO6
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: soluble in DMSO, not soluble in water.
Shelf Life: >5 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
The following data is based on the product molecular weight 853.9 Batch specific molecular weights may vary from batch to batch due to the degree of hydration, which will affect the solvent volumes required to prepare stock solutions.
|Concentration / Solvent Volume / Mass||1 mg||5 mg||10 mg|
|1 mM||1.15 mL||5.76 mL||11.51 mL|
|5 mM||0.23 mL||1.15 mL||2.3 mL|
|10 mM||0.12 mL||0.58 mL||1.15 mL|
|50 mM||0.02 mL||0.12 mL||0.23 mL|
1. Chauchereau, Anne; Al Nakouzi, Nader. Gene expression markers for prediction of the response of a tumor to taxane therapy. Eur. Pat. Appl. (2010), 59pp. CODEN: EPXXDW EP 2177630 A1 20100421 CAN 152:493436 AN 2010:498376
2. Chauchereau, Anne; Al Nakouzi, Nader. Resistance expression signature-based methods for predicting or monitoring whether a patient affected by a cancer is responsive to a treatment with a molecule of the taxoid family. PCT Int. Appl. (2010), 73pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2010037859 A2 20100408 CAN 152:446754 AN 2010:437266
3. Mann, David Marshall. Gene expression profiling in the pulmonary artery in the selection of therapies for vascular-related diseases. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 115pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009121031 A1 20091001 CAN 151:418165 AN 2009:1194632
4. Barry, John J.; Heck, Robert K. Local delivery of chemotherapeutic agents to skeletal metastases. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 20pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009114462 A2 20090917 CAN 151:344848 AN 2009:1139011
5. Safarpour, Hudan; Connolly, Paul; Tong, Xiaojie; Bielawski, Mike; Wilcox, Everett. Overcoming extractability hurdles of a 14C labeled taxane analogue milataxel and its metabolite from xenograft mouse tumor and brain tissues. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis (2009), 49(3), 774-779. CODEN: JPBADA ISSN:0731-7085. CAN 150:506136 AN 2009:285070
6. Brown, Jeffery Lester; Huszar, Dennis; McCoon, Patricia Elizabeth. Therapeutic methods using a pharmaceutical combination of an Eg5 protein inhibitor and a microtubule interfering agent to treat cancer. PCT Int. Appl. (2008), 25pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2008122798 A2 20081016 CAN 149:440348 AN 2008:1248885
7. Ramanathan, Ramesh K.; Picus, Joel; Raftopoulos, Haralambos; Bernard, Stephen; Lockhar, A. Craig; Frenette, Gary; Macdonald, John; Melin, Susan; Berg, Daniel; Brescia, Frank; Hochster, Howard; Cohn, Allen. A phase II study of milataxel: a novel taxane analogue in previously treated patients with advanced colorectal cancer. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology (2008), 61(3), 453-458. CODEN: CCPHDZ ISSN:0344-5704. CAN 148:417505 AN 2008:279708
8. Singh, Chandra Ulagaraj. Solid nanoparticle formulation of water insoluble pharmaceuticals with reduced Ostwald ripening. PCT Int. Appl. (2008), 134pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2008013785 A2 20080131 CAN 148:198644 AN 2008:124314
9. Lockhart, A. C.; Bukowski, R.; Rothenberg, M. L.; Wang, K. K.; Cooper, W.; Grover, J.; Appleman, L.; Mayer, P. R.; Shapiro, M.; Zhu, A. X. Phase I trial of oral MAC-321 in subjects with advanced malignant solid tumors. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology (2007), 60(2), 203-209. CODEN: CCPHDZ ISSN:0344-5704. CAN 147:268548 AN 2007:510766
10. Bradke, Frank; Witte, Harald; Ertuerk, Ali. Use of microtubule-stabilizing compounds to induce axonal growth. PCT Int. Appl. (2006), 97pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2006094811 A2 20060914 CAN 145:306846 AN 2006:949233
11. Liversidge, Gary; Jenkins, Scott; Liversidge, Elaine. Nanoparticulate formulations of docetaxel and analogues. U.S. Pat. Appl. Publ. (2006), 47pp. CODEN: USXXCO US 2006188566 A1 20060824 CAN 145:278275 AN 2006:847774
12. Hari, Malathi; Loganzo, Frank; Annable, Tami; Tan, Xingzhi; Musto, Sylvia; Morilla, Daniel B.; Nettles, James H.; Snyder, James P.; Greenberger, Lee M. Paclitaxel-resistant cells have a mutation in the paclitaxel-binding region of -tubulin (Asp26Glu) and less stable microtubules. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics (2006), 5(2), 270-278. CODEN: MCTOCF ISSN:1535-7163. CAN 144:304722 AN 2006:183614
13. Rose, William C. Anticancer synergistic combinations of taxanes and EGF receptor binding compounds. PCT Int. Appl. (2005), 27 pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2005089372 A2 20050929 CAN 143:319125 AN 2005:1049808
14. Lacasse, Eric; McManus, Daniel. Human protein IAP (inhibitor of apoptosis protein) nucleobase oligomers, including dsRNA, shRNA, and siRNA, and their use for enhancing apoptosis in cancer therapy. PCT Int. Appl. (2005), 112 pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2005042558 A1 20050512 CAN 142:457053 AN 2005:409543
15. Lacasse, Eric; McManus, Daniel; Durkin, Jon P. Sequences of antisense IAP (inhibitor of apoptosis protein) oligomers and their use for treatment of proliferative diseases with a chemotherapeutic agent. PCT Int. Appl. (2005), 285 pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2005042030 A1 20050512 CAN 142:457052 AN 2005:409357
16. Dang, Long; Bettegowda, Chetan; Kinzler, Kenneth W.; Vogelstein, Bert. Improved combination bacteriolytic therapy for the treatment of tumors using spores of anaerobic bacteria and microtubule agents. PCT Int. Appl. (2005), 48 pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2005039492 A2 20050506 CAN 142:423824 AN 2005:395031
17. Dang, Long H.; Bettegowda, Chetan; Agrawal, Nishant; Cheong, Ian; Huso, David; Frost, Philip; Loganzo, Frank; Greenberger, Lee; Barkoczy, Jozsef; Pettit, George R.; Smith, Amos B., III; Gurulingappa, Hallur; Khan, Saeed; Kinzler, Kenneth W.; Zhou, Shibin; Vogelstein, Bert. Targeting vascular and avascular compartments of tumors with C. novyi-NT and anti-microtubule agents. Cancer Biology & Therapy (2004), 3(3), 326-337. CODEN: CBTAAO ISSN:1538-4047. CAN 142:106673 AN 2004:624546
18. Sampath, Deepak; Discafani, Carolyn M.; Loganzo, Frank; Beyer, Carl; Liu, Hao; Tan, Xingzhi; Musto, Sylvia; Annable, Tami; Gallagher, Patricia; Rios, Carol; Greenberger, Lee M. MAC-321, a novel taxane with greater efficacy than paclitaxel and docetaxel in vitro and in vivo. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics (2003), 2(9), 873-884. CODEN: MCTOCF ISSN:1535-7163. CAN 140:138892 AN 2003:800267
19. Tomillero A; Moral M A Gateways to clinical trials. Methods and findings in experimental and clinical pharmacology (2008), 30(4), 313-31. Journal code: 7909595. ISSN:0379-0355. PubMed ID 18773127 AN 2008584043 MEDLINE (Copyright (C) 2010 U.S. National Library of Medicine on SciFinder (R))
20. Bayes M; Rabasseda X; Prous J R Gateways to clinical trials. Methods and findings in experimental and clinical pharmacology (2004), 26(8), 639-63. Journal code: 7909595. ISSN:0379-0355. PubMed ID 15605126 AN 2004629312 MEDLINE (Copyright (C) 2010 U.S. National Library of Medicine on SciFinder (R))
Milataxel is an orally bioavailable taxane with potential antineoplastic activity. Upon oral administration, milataxel and its major active metabolite M-10 bind to and stabilize tubulin, resulting in the inhibition of microtubule depolymerization and cell division, cell cycle arrest in the G2/M phase, and the inhibition of tumor cell proliferation. Unlike other taxane compounds, milataxel appears to be a poor substrate for the multidrug resistance (MDR) membrane-associated P-glycoprotein (P-gp) efflux pump and may be useful for treating multidrug-resistant tumors. Check for active clinical trials or closed clinical trials using this agent. (NCI Thesaurus).