WARNING: This product is for research use only, not for human or veterinary use.
MedKoo CAT#: 200273
Description: Apricoxib, also known as Benzenesulfonamide 42(4ethoxyphenyl)4methyl1Hpyrrol1yl, is an orally bioavailable nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent (NSAID) with potential antiangiogenic and antineoplastic activities. Apricoxib binds to and inhibits the enzyme cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), thereby inhibiting the conversion of arachidonic acid into prostaglandins. Apricoxib-mediated inhibition of COX-2 may induce tumor cell apoptosis and inhibit tumor cell proliferation and tumor angiogenesis. COX-related metabolic pathways may represent crucial regulators of cellular proliferation and angiogenesis.
MedKoo Cat#: 200273
Chemical Formula: C19H20N2O3S
Exact Mass: 356.11946
Molecular Weight: 356.44
Elemental Analysis: C, 64.02; H, 5.66; N, 7.86; O, 13.47; S, 9.00
Synonym: CS701; CS-701; CS 701 CS-706; CS706; CS 706; TG01; TG-01; TG01; R109339; R-109339; R 109339;TP-1001; TP-2001 Benzenesulfonamide 42(4ethoxyphenyl)4methyl1Hpyrrol1yl; Capoxigem
IUPAC/Chemical Name: 4-[2-(4-ethoxyphenyl)-4-methylpyrrol-1-yl]benzenesulfonamide
InChi Key: JTMITOKKUMVWRT-UHFFFAOYSA-N
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C19H20N2O3S/c1-3-24-17-8-4-15(5-9-17)19-12-14(2)13-21(19)16-6-10-18(11-7-16)25(20,22)23/h4-13H,3H2,1-2H3,(H2,20,22,23)
SMILES Code: O=S(C1=CC=C(N2C(C3=CC=C(OCC)C=C3)=CC(C)=C2)C=C1)(N)=O
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO, not in water
Shelf Life: >5 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
The following data is based on the product molecular weight 356.44 Batch specific molecular weights may vary from batch to batch due to the degree of hydration, which will affect the solvent volumes required to prepare stock solutions.
|Concentration / Solvent Volume / Mass||1 mg||5 mg||10 mg|
|1 mM||1.15 mL||5.76 mL||11.51 mL|
|5 mM||0.23 mL||1.15 mL||2.3 mL|
|10 mM||0.12 mL||0.58 mL||1.15 mL|
|50 mM||0.02 mL||0.12 mL||0.23 mL|
1. Bierbach, Ulrich. Platinum acridine anti-cancer compounds and methods thereof. PCT Int. Appl. (2010), 54pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2010048499 A1 20100429 CAN 152:517954 AN 2010:529827
2. Zaknoen, Sara L.; Lawhon, Tracy. Methods and compositions for the treatment of cancer, tumors, and tumor-related disorders. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 119 pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009070546 A1 20090604 CAN 151:24882 AN 2009:676598
3. Zaknoen, Sara L.; Lawhon, Tracy. Cancer treatment using a 1,2-diphenylpyrrole derivative cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2) inhibitor and antimetabolite combinations. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 107pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009070547 A1 20090604 CAN 151:24877 AN 2009:672256
4. Estok, Thomas M.; Zaknoen, Sara L.; Mansfield, Robert K.; Lawhon, Tracy. Therapies for treating cancer using combinations of COX-2 inhibitors and anti-HER2(ErbB2) antibodies or combinations of COX-2 inhibitors and HER2(ErbB2) receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 121pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009042618 A1 20090402 CAN 150:390188 AN 2009:386123
5. Estok, Thomas M.; Zaknoen, Sara L.; Mansfield, Robert K.; Lawhon, Tracy. Therapies for treating cancer using combinations of COX-2 inhibitors and aromatase inhibitors or combinations of COX-2 inhibitors and estrogen receptor antagonists. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 88pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009042612 A1 20090402 CAN 150:390184 AN 2009:385226
6. Estok, Thomas M.; Zaknoen, Sara L.; Mansfield, Robert K.; Lawhon, Tracy. Combination therapy for the treatment of cancer using COX-2 inhibitors and dual inhibitors of EGFR (ErbB1) and HER-2 (ErbB2). PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 87pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009042613 A1 20090402 CAN 150:390183 AN 2009:385196
7. Lawhon, Tracy; Zaknoen, Sara; Estok, Thomas; Green, Mark. Patient selection and therapeutic methods using markers of prostaglandin metabolism. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 121pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009009776 A2 20090115 CAN 150:136599 AN 2009:55595
8. Estok, Thomas M.; Zaknoen, Sara L.; Mansfield, Robert K.; Lawhon, Tracy. Methods and compositions for the treatment of cancer, tumors, and tumor-related disorders using combination of a 1,2-diphenylpyrrole derivative and an EGFR inhibitor. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 104 pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009009778 A1 20090115 CAN 150:136628 AN 2009:54177
9. Rohatagi, Shashank; Kastrissios, Helen; Sasahara, Kunihiro; Truitt, Kenneth; Moberly, James B.; Wada, Russell; Salazar, Daniel E. Pain relief model for a COX-2 inhibitor in patients with postoperative dental pain. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology (2008), 66(1), 60-70.
10. Senzaki, Michiyo; Ishida, Saori; Yada, Ayumi; Hanai, Masaharu; Fujiwara, Kosaku; Inoue, Shin-Ichi; Kimura, Tomio; Kurakata, Shinichi. CS-706, a novel cyclooxygenase-2 selective inhibitor, prolonged the survival of tumor-bearing mice when treated alone or in combination with anti-tumor chemotherapeutic agents. International Journal of Cancer (2008), 122(6), 1384-1390. CODEN: IJCNAW ISSN:0020-7136. CAN 148:440459 AN 2008:228248