WARNING: This product is for research use only, not for human or veterinary use.
MedKoo CAT#: 574028
Description: GHK-Cu acetate is a complex of the tripeptide Gly-His-Lys and a copper(II) ion that has wound healing and anti-inflammatory activities. It increases proliferation and the levels of collagen and secreted pro-matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) in isolated human fibroblasts. GHK-Cu increases levels of collagen and glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) and the expression of decorin in the wound tissue of rats. It decreases LPS-induced increases in the levels of reactive oxygen species (ROS), IL-6, and TNF-α in RAW 264.7 cells when used at a concentration of 10 µM.3 GHK-Cu (10 µg/g) prevents LPS-induced decreases in lung superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity and glutathione (GSH) levels and reduces LPS-induced increases in the number of cells and the level of total protein in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) in a mouse model of acute lung injury.
MedKoo Cat#: 574028
Name: GHK-Cu acetate
Chemical Formula: C16H26CuN6O6
Exact Mass: 461.121
Molecular Weight: 461.97
Elemental Analysis: C, 41.60; H, 5.67; Cu, 13.76; N, 18.19; O, 20.78
Synonym: GHK-Cu acetate, Gly-His-Lys-Cu(II)
IUPAC/Chemical Name: [glycyl-κN-L-histidyl-κN,κN3-L-lysinato(2-)]-copper, monoacetate
InChi Key: NOIHSRSQDMJJFH-ULEGLUPFSA-L
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C14H24N6O4.C2H4O2.Cu/c15-4-2-1-3-10(14(23)24)20-13(22)11(19-12(21)6-16)5-9-7-17-8-18-9;1-2(3)4;/h7-8,10-11H,1-6,15-16H2,(H4,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24);1H3,(H,3,4);/q;;+2/p-2/t10-,11-;;/m0../s1
SMILES Code: CC(O)=O.O=C([C@H]1[N-](C2=O)[Cu+2]([NH2]C2)[N]3=CNC=C3C1)N[C@H](C([O-])=O)CCCCN
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >95% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO
Shelf Life: >3 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
The following data is based on the product molecular weight 461.97 Batch specific molecular weights may vary from batch to batch due to the degree of hydration, which will affect the solvent volumes required to prepare stock solutions.
|Concentration / Solvent Volume / Mass||1 mg||5 mg||10 mg|
|1 mM||1.15 mL||5.76 mL||11.51 mL|
|5 mM||0.23 mL||1.15 mL||2.3 mL|
|10 mM||0.12 mL||0.58 mL||1.15 mL|
|50 mM||0.02 mL||0.12 mL||0.23 mL|
1. Siméon, A., Emonard, H., Hornebeck, W., et al. The tripeptide-copper complex glycyl-L-histidyl-L-lysine-Cu2+ stimulates matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression by fibroblast cultures. Life Sci. 67(18), 2257-2265 (2000).
2. Maquart, F.-X., Pickart, L., Laurent, M., et al. Stimulation of collagen synthesis in fibroblast cultures by the tripeptide-copper complex glycyl-L-histidyl-L-lysine-Cu2+. FEBS Lett. 238(2), 343-346 (1988).
3. Park, J.-R., Lee, H., Kim, S.-I., et al. The tri-peptide GHK-Cu complex ameliorates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury in mice. Oncotarget 7(36), 58405-58417 (2016).
4. Pollard, J.D., Quan, S., Kang, T., et al. Effects of copper tripeptide on the growth and expression of growth factors by normal and irradiated fibroblasts. Arch. Facial Plast. Surg. 7(1), 27-31 (2005).
5. Siméon, A., Wegrowski, Y., Bontemps, Y., et al. Expression of glycosaminoglycans and small proteoglycans in wounds: Modulation by the tripeptide-copper complex glycyl-L-histidyl-L-lysine-Cu2+. J. Invest. Dermatol. 115(6), 962-968 (2000).