WARNING: This product is for research use only, not for human or veterinary use.
MedKoo CAT#: 573985
Description: Xanthotoxol is a coumarin and a major component in C. monnieri that has diverse biological activities. It inhibits proliferation of HeLa and HepG2 cells in vitro. Xanthotoxol increases histamine release from mast cells and decreases secretion of TNF-α, IL-4, and IL-1β from RBL-2H3 cells induced by DNP-human serum albumin (DNP-HSA). It is nematocidal against M. incognita. In vivo, xanthotoxol inhibits predatory mouse and rat killing behavior in dogs and cats when administered at doses ranging from 3 to 100 mg/kg and 5 to 20 mg/kg, respectively.4 It reduces amphetamine-induced hypermobility in mice and hamsters. Xanthotoxol (5 and 10 mg/kg) reduces brain edema, neutrophil infiltration, blood-brain barrier disruption, production of IL-1β, TNF-α, IL-8, and nitric oxide (NO), and levels of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) and E-selectin in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemia.
MedKoo Cat#: 573985
Chemical Formula: C11H6O4
Exact Mass: 202.0266
Molecular Weight: 202.16
Elemental Analysis: C, 65.35; H, 2.99; O, 31.66
Synonym: Xanthotoxol, Xanthotol, 8-Hydroxypsoralen, NSC 401269
IUPAC/Chemical Name: 9-hydroxy-7H-furo[3,2-g]benzopyran-7-one
InChi Key: OC1=C(OC=C2)C2=CC(C=C3)=C1OC3=O
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C11H6O4/c12-8-2-1-6-5-7-3-4-14-10(7)9(13)11(6)15-8/h1-5,13H
SMILES Code: JWVYQQGERKEAHW-UHFFFAOYSA-N
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO
Shelf Life: >3 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
The following data is based on the product molecular weight 202.16 Batch specific molecular weights may vary from batch to batch due to the degree of hydration, which will affect the solvent volumes required to prepare stock solutions.
|Concentration / Solvent Volume / Mass||1 mg||5 mg||10 mg|
|1 mM||1.15 mL||5.76 mL||11.51 mL|
|5 mM||0.23 mL||1.15 mL||2.3 mL|
|10 mM||0.12 mL||0.58 mL||1.15 mL|
|50 mM||0.02 mL||0.12 mL||0.23 mL|
1. Bai, Y., Li, D., Zhou, T., et al. Coumarins from the roots of Angelica dahurica with antioxidant and antiproliferative activities. J. Funct. Foods 20, 453-462 (2016).
2. Li, D., and Wu, L. Coumarins from the roots of Angelica dahurica cause anti-allergic inflammation. Exp. Ther. Med. 14(1), 874-880 (2017).
3. Caboni, P., Saba, M., Oplos, C., et al. Nematicidal activity of furanocoumarins from parsley against Meloidogyne spp. Pest. Manag. Sci. 71(8), 1099-1105 (2015).
4. Sethi, O.P., Anand, K.K., and Gulati, O.D. Evaluation of xanthotoxol for central nervous system activity. J. Ethnopharmacol. 36(3), 239-247 (1992).
5. He, W., Chen, W., Zhou, Y., et al. Xanthotoxol exerts neuroprotective effects via suppression of the inflammatory response in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemia. Cell. Mol. Neurobiol. 33(5), 715-722 (2013).