WARNING: This product is for research use only, not for human or veterinary use.
MedKoo CAT#: 341044
Description: Z-FA-FMK is an irreversible inhibitor of cysteine proteases, including cathepsins B, L, and S, cruzain, and papain.
MedKoo Cat#: 341044
Chemical Formula: C21H23FN2O4
Exact Mass: 386.1642
Molecular Weight: 386.4234
Elemental Analysis: C, 65.27; H, 6.00; F, 4.92; N, 7.25; O, 16.56
Related CAS #: 105637-38-5 197855-65-5
Synonym: Z-FA-FMK; Z-FA-fluoromethyl ketone
IUPAC/Chemical Name: Z-FA-fluoromethyl ketone
InChi Key: ASXVEBPEZMSPHB-YJBOKZPZSA-N
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C21H23FN2O4/c1-15(19(25)13-22)23-20(26)18(12-16-8-4-2-5-9-16)24-21(27)28-14-17-10-6-3-7-11-17/h2-11,15,18H,12-14H2,1H3,(H,23,26)(H,24,27)/t15-,18-/m0/s1
SMILES Code: C[C@H](NC(=O)[C@H](Cc1ccccc1)NC(=O)OCc2ccccc2)C(=O)CF
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO
Shelf Life: >2 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
The following data is based on the product molecular weight 386.4234 Batch specific molecular weights may vary from batch to batch due to the degree of hydration, which will affect the solvent volumes required to prepare stock solutions.
|Concentration / Solvent Volume / Mass||1 mg||5 mg||10 mg|
|1 mM||1.15 mL||5.76 mL||11.51 mL|
|5 mM||0.23 mL||1.15 mL||2.3 mL|
|10 mM||0.12 mL||0.58 mL||1.15 mL|
|50 mM||0.02 mL||0.12 mL||0.23 mL|
1. Ahmed, N.K., Martin, L.A., Watts, L.M., et al. Peptidyl fluoromethyl ketones as inhibitors of cathepsin B. Implication for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Biochemical Pharmacology 44, 1201-1207 (1992).
2. Lopez-Hernandez, F.J., Ortiz, M.A., Bayon, Y., et al. Z-FA-fmk inhibits effector caspases but not initiator caspases 8 and 10, and demonstrates that novel anticancer retinoid-related molecules induce apoptosis via the intrinsic pathway. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 2(3), 255-263 (2003).
3. Harth, G., Andrews, N., Mills, A.A., et al. Peptide-fluoromethyl ketones arrest intracellular replication and intercellular transmission of Trypanosoma cruzi. Molecular and Biochemical Parasitology 58, 17-24 (1993).
4. Lawrence, C.P., Kadioglu, A., Yang, A.L., et al. The cathepsin B inhibitor, z-FA-FMK, inhibits human T cell proliferation in vitro and modulates host response to pneumococcal infection in vivo. Journal of Immunology 177, 3827-3836 (2006).
5. Kim, M., Hansen, K.K., Davis, L., et al. Z-FA-FMK as a novel potent inhibitor of reovirus pathogenesis and oncolysis in vivo. Antivir.Ther. 15(6), 897-905 (2010).